ZION HEALTHSHARE PRINCIPLES OF MEMBERSHIP
Each member of Zion HealthShare must comply with the following requirements to maintain membership with Zion HealthShare and remain eligible to participate in the medical cost sharing program. Adherence to the Zion HealthShare Principles of Membership minimizes medical risks, encourages good health practices, and ensures member integrity and accountability.
Zion HealthShare community members are expected to act with honor and integrity. Members should not falsify a medical need request, medical records, or use other deceptive practices. If a member abuses the trust of Zion HealthShare and its members, their membership may be revoked.
All Zion HealthShare members must attest to the following statements:
- I believe that a community of ethical, health-conscious people can most effectively care for one another by directly sharing the costs associated with each other’s healthcare needs. I acknowledge that Zion HealthShare affiliates itself with, and considers itself accountable to, a higher power. I recognize that Zion HealthShare welcomes members of all faiths.
- I understand that Zion HealthShare is a benevolent organization, not an insurance entity, and that Zion HealthShare cannot guarantee payment of medical expenses.
- I have and will continue to practice good health measures and strive for a balanced lifestyle. I agree to abstain from the use of any illicit or illegal drugs and refrain from excessive alcohol consumption, acts which are harmful to the body. I understand that members who use tobacco will have an increased monthly contribution (per household) of $50.
- I am obligated to care for my family. I believe that mental, physical, emotional, or other abuse of a family member, or any other person, is morally wrong. I am committed to treating my family and others with care and respect at all times.
- I agree to submit to mediation followed by subsequent binding arbitration, if needed, for any instance of a dispute with Zion HealthShare or its affiliates.