ZION HEALTH FINANCIAL STATISTICS

At Zion Health, we keep 300% of the estimated annual medical costs of our community in reserve. We also work to negotiate medical bills for our members, saving them an average of 62% compared to the original billed amount.

ZION HEALTH MONTHLY CONTRIBUTION DISTRIBUTION
Zion Health Monthly Contribution Distribution

SHARED MEDICAL EXPENSES

SAVED FOR FUTURE NEEDS

ADMINISTRATION COSTS

SPECIAL NEEDS SHARING

*Data pertains to the previous 18 months of contributions and expenses of the Zion Health community as of September 2020.

A RELIABLE TRACK RECORD

To date, Zion Health has met all legitimate needs requests. After meeting our members’ needs each month, we save excess funds from member contributions in the event that a member experiences a substantial medical need. The Zion Health community account has adequate funds to meet 300% of the annual expected needs of the community.

LOWER COSTS

We negotiate medical bills to keep our contributions low for our members. Incoming medical bills are reduced on average by 40–80%. We also keep rates low for our community by advocating the use of alterative medicines and encouraging our members to live a healthy lifestyle.

PROVEN SUCCESS

Our success is based on our dedication to making improvements on the HealthShare model that has benefited communities for over 25 years. Zion Health is a nonprofit organization and retains less than 10% of our members’ monthly contributions for administration costs. The other 90% is exclusively used for sharing in the needs of our members.

COVID-19 IMPACT

We are confident in the Zion Health community’s ability to share in medical needs related to the Coronavirus pandemic. Our resources at Zion Health allow us to negotiate costs, process needs quickly, and communicate constant updates to our members. Additionally, the relative age and health of our community means that our members are at a lower risk of costly complications.

We are humbled by the generosity we have seen as our members have contributed towards each other’s medical costs so far, and we look forward to helping our fellow members as we move forward toward a bright future. Our prayers go out to our community and anyone else who might be affected in any capacity by COVID-19.